Will Switching to Vaping Save Me Money?
One of the questions many smokers ask before making the decision to switch to vaping, is “will it save me money?”. Vapers often discuss this among themselves as well, because the price of vaping varies depending on how you use e-cigarettes. Many have quit smoking using vapes.
Most smokers make the switch because they want to lead healthier lives. Cost savings is merely a secondary, all-be-it great benefit for smokers looking to quit.
Depending on who you ask, the answer to the question “will vaping save me money”, can be very different each time.
According to Statista, a pack of smokers will set you back between $12-15 Canadian dollars in Canada, while the price for a pack in the US varies from state to state. In most states a pack costs between 6 - 8 US dollars.
If you smoke a pack per day, that means you’ll spend roughly 330 Canadian dollars per month on cigarettes. If you live in the US, you’ll light up 210 US dollars per month in the same case.
Cost comparison between smoking and vaping
Cost per year (US)
Now that we have established just how much money goes up in smoke, let’s have a look at vaping compared to smoking.
First of all, we’ll look at the vape gear itself, as the prices here vary a lot. Most beginners will get started with a simple pen-style e-cigarette. This can set you back 10 - 30 US dollars depending on the quality you go for.
But in most cases, the pen just won’t cut it when you get to try new flavors and different styles of vaping - like sub-ohm. Sub-ohm vaping consumes a lot more e-liquid, and the gear usually costs more as well.
E-liquid will also vary in price depending on your location, and which brands you go for. Go to an online vape shop.
This means you’ll have to sit down and think about it before you make the switch if you truly want to reap the benefits of vaping compared to smoking.
A couple of years ago Veppo did a study to find out if vaping really can save you money compared to smoking. They set the average price of a pack at 6.75 US dollars. They calculated the cost for a single person to smoke half that pack per day, a full pack, and two full packs. Even the half-pack smokers spend an incredible amount of money per year on cigarettes, landing at 1.200 US dollars per year. Heavy smokers who lit up a pack or two a day spent 2.500 and 5.000 US dollars respectively.
Now let’s look at the average amount spent on vaping. Because of the different types of gear and how much e-liquid they consume, the study was forced to set an average. Veppo’s prediction was that a smoker getting into vaping would spend approximately 2.5 30ml bottles of e-liquid every month. At 16.99 US dollars per bottle, we end up with 500 dollars per year for the vaper. Add in some high-quality vaping supplies, and you end up with roughly 650 US dollars per year.
This is obviously just one example. Some smokers will smoke less than average, while some vapers will spend more than the average. But at least it can give us some clue as to how much you could potentially save if you make the switch.
Save Even More While Vaping
To get you going, here are some great tips to save money while vaping.
- ● Buy complete vaping kits. They tend to be cheaper than buying everything separately. You usually get a mod, batteries, a tank, and a charger.
- ● Build your own coils. It might sound scary, but it’s not that hard. YouTube makes it easy to get started with a bunch of great tutorials. Coils are a lot more costly compared to the wire for making your own.
- ● Make your own e-liquid. One of the easiest ways to save money while vaping. You can buy the PG, VG, nicotine, and flavors, and the guides for mixing it together are plentiful on Youtube.
- ● Resist the urge to buy everything at once. Do your research before getting started, so you don’t end up with several kits not suited to your needs and wants. The same goes for e-liquids.
- ● Set up a budget. Then stick to it. Try to limit your vaping budget so that you know you’ll save compared to when you were smoking. Seeing some actual financial results will motivate you even more.
- ● Keep track of your savings. Write down how much you spend on vaping every month, and estimate how much you would have spent if you still smoked. After a few months, you can crunch the numbers and learn how much you saved.
- ● Shop online. Often the best prices can be found online. The cost of running a brick and mortar shop is a lot higher, and the prices reflect that. Burnaby online vape shop.
- ● Search for discounts, sales, and contests. Online shops will often have a clearance section, and vendors will post offers, contests, and sales to social media. Follow them, and search for the best deals. You could also subscribe to online stores newsletters and get some great offers in your inbox. Check us out of FB to see cool FREE Giveaways and contests
- You might be surprised by how much you can actually save while vaping. We can’t guarantee that you will save money, because that depends entirely on how you approach vaping, but more than likely, you will save a lot of money, and it will be yet another reason to love your vape.
- So yes, you can save a lot of money on vaping compared to smoking. But if you end up doing it as your new favourite hobby, you might end up like me - with a shelf filled to the brim with the latest vape gear. That might not be a bad thing though - considering it’s been a fun journey, rather than the negative experience I expected when I quit smoking. But if saving money is your goal, you still have to spend a lot on vape gear before you end up not saving money on vaping compared to smoking.
Warning: this product contains nicotine ,nicotine is an addictive chemical Health Canada
Good Luck !